Series 5 is the fifth series of Peaky Blinders. It is scheduled to air on BBC One in 2019 and is preceded by Series 4. It will mark the first time in the series to air on BBC One instead of BBC Two.
Season 5 sees the world thrown into turmoil by the financial crash of 1929. Opportunity and misfortune are everywhere. When Tommy, who’s now an MP, is approached by a charismatic politician with a bold vision for Britain, he realizes that his response will affect not just his family’s future but that of the entire nation.
Main Cast Edit
- Cillian Murphy as Thomas Shelby
- Helen McCrory as Polly Shelby
- Paul Anderson as Arthur Shelby Jr.
- Sophie Rundle as Ada Thorne
- Finn Cole as Michael Gray
- Aidan Gillen as Aberama Gold
- Jack Rowan as Bonnie Gold
- Kate Philips as Linda Shelby
- Natasha O'Keefe as Lizzie Stark
- Charlie Murphy as Jessie Eden
- Kingsley Ben-Adir as Ben Younger
- Harry Kirton as Finn Shelby
- Packy Lee as Johnny Dogs
- Ned Dennehy as Charlie Strong
- Ian Peck as Curly
- Benjamin Zephaniah as Jeremiah Jesus
- Daryl McCormack as Isaiah Jesus
- Anya Taylor-Joy
- Sam Claflin as Oswald Mosley
- Brian Gleeson
- Neil Maskell
- Kate Dickie
- Cosmo Jarvis
- Emmett J Scanlan
- Elliot Cowan
- Charlene McKenna
- Andrew Koji
Filming for the fifth series officially began on September 17, 2018. On October 10, a screenshot showed filming been taken place outdoors. Another screenshot featuring Cillian Murphy on the set was also released that day.
Filming for the series was completed on January 18, 2019.
The show's creator Steven Knight revealed that the antagonists of the fifth series were by the notorious gangs of Glasgow, saying that "a particular gang called The Billy Boys" would become the new threat for the Peaky Blinders in Birmingham.
- ↑ Peaky Blinders to move to BBC One
- ↑ Deadline
- ↑ "Peaky Blinders Season 5 'Has Started Filming'"LAD BIBLE. September 17, 2018.
- ↑ "Filming has officially began for the fifth season"
- ↑ "Cillian Murphy on the set of Series 5
- ↑ "Filming progress"Twitter Post
- ↑ "Peaky Blinders creator says Season 5 is 'honestly the best one yet' and confirms two more seasons"JOE. February 2, 2019.